Plumbing & Painting

Friends!

With much excitement we are happy to say that our House Warming Party is a mere two days away, and that means only two days left to make our house look like a home.

Collin has been seeing to the detailed task of plumbing, while I’ve been seeing to the varnishing of every square inch of pine (which includes our ceiling, walls, shelves, storage loft & sleeping loft). You’d think that in a house this size, every aspect of a build would go fast, but no. The core of every house has the same elements: electrical systems, plumbing, water filters, water heaters, heat source, roofing, foundation, etc.

Let’s just say that we’re learning LOADS! Respect goes out to all builders & contractors of the world.

Me staining the porch post.

Up to dry.

Collin in the plumber stance.

Rainy, cozy view out living room window.

Couch almost done (cushion getting sewn)!

Can you spot the best building tool?

Varnishing our closet.

Video of our rainy day inside our house. Felt so cozy hearing the rain hit our tin roof. Reminded me of Nora Jones‘ song “Come Away with Me” when she sings “I want to wake up with the rain falling on a tin roof”.

7 Comments

1. Sheila says:

So Cute! Congratulations. It looks great. You two must be so proud of your accomplishment. 🙂

2. Very nice, very happy for you, must be good to achieve that.

3. Scott Allen says:

House looks awesome!!!! I hope to start building one soon. One Question, what brand and kind of on demand water heater did you use? Thanks A bunch!

4. Shaggy says:

Do you have room in your closet for a washer-dryer combo?

I am not sure how small you can get them. I saw a Fencl that had one under the end window in the kitchen. But we moved out sink to that area so that would work for us.

5. Amber says:

Reminds me of this….http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A47JaOMDH4c
    (Dee Williams TED talk)

Thanks for the blog and all the info and inspiration! (and congrats on baby!) I am building my first tiny home/Fencl with my Dad in January, Hope I can pick your brains as I’m building and have q’s?!

🙂
    Amber

• admin says:

Thank you for the congrats. Loving being a dad 🙂 That is great news about your build. Not sure if I can be of help beyond the content on our blog. Life has been very challenging this year and I have had to pull back on this blog. Thank you so much for your comment 🙂